Needs Vs. Software
Let’s talk about one of my favorite drawing. I’m using this a lot!
So the situation looks like this…
You have a Need in your business which you want to fulfill and you buy a Software of the shelve which should fulfill this need or help you fulfilling this need and whatever software you are buying it’s never a 100% overlap.
It’s always a bit like this that you have some of the need not fulfilled and that you buy a software which can do way more than you want. Now, there are two strategies to make this benefit the overlapping part is the Benefit.
To make this benefit larger:
- You tweak the software a little bit so that it is helping you fulfilling your need better
- You change the processes within your company so that you can actually use more of the software which you’ve just installed and whoever ever installed SAP in their business, they know exactly what I am talking about.
For instance, a purchase order suddenly is necessary so you need to change your systems to apply a purchase order system within your business and now you buy another piece of software because there is still some need not fulfilled and let’s call this Software B and we have Software A over there and that’s why Excel is used so widely.
The problem now is that Software A and Software B are not talking to each other so you have information and at two different or two disparate systems and now you export a so-called CSV file from both software tools and combine them in Excel so you build a system within Excel which helps you then to analyse the data and really gets reporting done.
That’s why Excel is so powerful! because you can insert import these CSV files and then have your dashboards, reporting, forecasting and where I can help my clients is in this area: all of this is done through Excel and I can systemise, automate, and I can structure this so that your benefit for your business is even better.
Please reach out to me if you want your systems working with German Precision.
“Jürgen brings German precision and design to all of his solutions, and you can have confidence that the solution he develops is accurate and commercially robust. He has excellent communication skills and can work easily with you and your team.”
Ron Wood, Founder and Director of Pricing Insight
Use Your Systems – Trust Your Numbers
- You have an idea or a problem to solve and you don’t know where to start and want an honest, straight forward sounding board with business acumen and IT experience.
- You have an existing Excel – solution that is lacking functionality. This is exactly where I helped hundreds of clients with their Excel spreadsheets and workflow.
- You want to work directly with me to systemise, structure and automate your workflow models. So that they will allow you and your team to base your million dollar decision on the accurate data. Just email me to set up a time for a chat.