How Covid Safe Are Your Systems?
Insights from travelling in times of Corona
For the last 14 days I was travelling in Germany to meet lifelong friends in Hamburg, Freiburg and Munich.
During those few days four of my friends tested positive with Covid and thereby disrupting my itinerary. First my friend in Freiburg texted that I should not come near him and next my hosts in Hamburg also came back with the same bad news.
Within minutes I was packing my things and changed to a small hotel right next to the river Elbe with a beautiful view onto the harbour
(not from my room though)
Which brings me to the question: how covid safe are your systems?
What happens when a key person in your organisation is not able to work? Maybe because of Covid?
- Are your systems well documented?
- Are your systems automated?
- Are your systems error proofed?
I was flexible enough to change my plans and stay in a hotel instead of private places. Still my itinerary needed significant changes to accommodate for the new situation.
How flexible is your team?
When I look back at the projects in which I was involved over the last two years I’d say 8 out of 10 had a key person issue.
In other words, if that key person would be unable to do their job, that particular process within the organisation was not covered. With a major risk or shortcoming for the whole business.
When I systemise, structure and automate your workflow, my service does not stop there. Part of the German Precision you can expect from me is a full documentation of the solution.
Thereby allowing you and your team members to quickly understand the key parameters and routines you need to know in case of an emergency.
I’m writing this on my way to Munich. Hopefully the next four days are going as planned and I touch down in Sydney again soon.
In the meantime, stay healthy – stay safe.
“Jürgen brings German precision and design to all of his solutions, and you can have confidence that the solution he develops is accurate and commercially robust. He has excellent communication skills and can work easily with you and your team.”
Ron Wood, Founder and Director of Pricing Insight
Use Your Systems – Trust Your Numbers
- You have an idea or a problem to solve and you don’t know where to start and want an honest, straight forward sounding board with business acumen and IT experience.
- You have an existing Excel – solution that is lacking functionality. This is exactly where I helped hundreds of clients with their Excel spreadsheets and workflow.
- You want to work directly with me to systemise, structure and automate your workflow models. So that they will allow you and your team to base your million dollar decision on the accurate data. Just email me to set up a time for a chat.